Printer Friendly Biography
Accreditations and Certifications:
M. Stephen Turner P.A.
Stephen Tuner is the Managing Partner in Broad and Cassel's Tallahassee Office and is an ex-officio member of the Firm's Management Committee. He is former chairman of the Appellate Practice Group and senior member of the Constitutional Law and Governmental Litigation team.
- Mr. Turner concentrates in specialty litigation and appellate practice, and in administrative and governmental law, and has served as trial and/or appellate counsel in a broad range of cases.
- Mr. Turner has made numerous appearances before the Florida Supreme Court, Florida's District Courts of Appeal, and the Eleventh Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals; and he is also admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Mr. Turner is an AV Preeminent®-rated lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell, recognized for his appellate practice, and has been continously selected as one of the "Best Lawyers in America" and as a "Florida Super Lawyer" for his experience in appellate law, business litigation and government law. He has also been named among Florida Trend magazine's "Legal Elite."
- Mr. Turner frequently handles novel cases, developing strategic approaches and being well-prepared and studied to advance pertinent issues with clarity.
- Mr. Turner taught for many years as an adjunct professor at Florida State University's School of Law, and presented the annual award to the most outstanding appellate advocate in the school's Moot Court competition.
- Mr. Turner was nominated by the Florida Bar, appointed by the Governor and served on the State Judicial Nominating Commission for the First District Court of Appeals.
- Before entering private practice, Mr. Turner previously served as a federal district court law clerk, an Air Force JAG officer, a special assistant Florida Attorney General and a state agency general counsel.
- While in law school, Mr. Turner served as an editor of the University of Florida Law Review and was a member of the Order of the Coif.
Honors and Awards
Recognized in "The Best Lawyers in America®" for commercial litigation in 2007 - 2017
"Florida Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers magazine, 2006 - 2016
Achieved AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating with Martindale-Hubbell
Named one of "Florida's Legal Elite" by Florida Trend magazine
State Lands Regulation
Florida Bar News
Judgment Against the State
Florida Bar Journal
DRIs in Florida
Florida Law Journal
University of Florida Law Review