Jayne C. Weintraub is Of Counsel in the Miami office of Broad and Cassel. She is a member of the Firm’s White Collar Defense and Compliance Group.
Ms. Weintraub is a frequent legal commentator on national TV. She is involved in various community and professional organizations.
- Ms. Weintraub represents individuals under investigation or charged with criminal offenses in federal courts throughout the United States and Puerto Rico as well as in various local state courts. She concentrates on pre-trial preparation and deposition strategies. She has brought more than 100 jury trials to verdict.
- During her time as an Assistant State Attorney, she tried more than 50 jury trials. As a defense lawyer, she has successfully represented clients in trials which were covered by Court TV.
- Ms. Weintraub has represented numerous high-profile clients, including former Major League Baseball star Jose Canseco, performer Sean Combs and Minnesota Vikings player Leon Hoard. She recently represented a FBI Agent in Federal Court in a complex mortgage fraud case which resulted in a not guilty verdict on all counts.
- She is an AV Preeminent® rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell, achieving the rating agency’s highest marks for both competency and ethics.
- Ms. Weintraub was recognized as a "Florida Super Lawyer" by Law & Politics magazine in 2011 and 2012 and as a "Florida Legal Elite" by Florida Trend magazine in 2012-2014. She was recognized in 2013-2016 by the top legal guide "The Best Lawyers in America," published by Woodward and White. She was included in the 2013 "Who's Who Legal" list for Business Crime Defense, published by Law Business Research Limited, a strategic business partner of the American Bar Association's section of International Law.
- Ms. Weintraub spoke at the ABA 2012 Spring CLE Conference sponsored by the Section of Family Law and Webinar on the topic "Criminal Law in an Un-Civil Case, A Lawyer's Guide to Handling the Intersection of Criminal and Family Law."