One Financial Plaza
100 S.E. 3rd Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33394
Vanessa A. Reynolds P.A.
Accreditations and Certifications
The Florida Bar
Healthcare Privacy Compliance
Health Care Compliance Association Compliance Certification Board
U.S. District Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center
J.D., Juris Doctor
Florida International University
B.A., Political Science and Health Care Management
American Heart Association Go Red for Women
Member, Executive Leadership Council
Florida Society of Healthcare Risk Management and Patient Safety
Senior Executive Orientation
Member and 2011 Graduate
American Health Lawyers Association
American Bar Association
Member, Health Law Section
Florida Hospital Association's Florida Academy of Healthcare Attorneys
Ms. Vanessa A. Reynolds is a Partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Broad and Cassel. She is a member of the Firm's Health Law Practice Group.
Ms. Reynolds is active in various professional and community organizations. She is a 2011 graduate of Senior Executive Orientation (SEO), which is an elite leadership program offered by the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce and Leadership Broward. She currently serves as a committee member and presenter for SEO. Ms. Reynolds also founded the Broad and Cassel Healthcare Risk Management Scholarship Fund for the Florida Society of Healthcare Risk Management and Patient Safety (FSHRMPS).
- An industry veteran with more than 25 years of experience in health law, Ms. Reynolds has extensive experience in many areas of health care law and litigation, including provider operations, privacy of health care information (HIPAA), Medicare, Medicaid and other third party reimbursement, administrative complaints, electronic medical records (EMRs), telemedicine, and facility and practitioner licensure and regulatory compliance.
- Ms. Reynolds has successfully represented institutional and individual health care providers in administrative and appellate proceedings involving diverse issues. Her recent cases addressed licensure, Medicare and Medicaid, HIPAA, EMTALA, peer review and accreditation.
- Ms. Reynolds is board-certified as a specialist in health law by the Florida Bar. Certification is the highest level of recognition by the Florida Bar of the competency and experience of attorneys in the areas of law approved for certification by the Supreme Court of Florida.
- Ms. Reynolds is certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC) by the Health Care Compliance Association’s Compliance Certification Board (CCB).
- Ms. Reynolds has been recognized with an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating with Martindale-Hubbell, which is the agency's highest mark for both competency and ethics and achieved by only 5 percent of attorneys.
- She is a frequent speaker before medical and legal professional associations, authors numerous articles for medical and legal trade publications and has served as an adjunct professor for St. Thomas University’s School of Business Graduate Health Care Management Program. She addresses such topics as HIPAA, provider liability, contracts, licensure, compliance, consent and end-of-life issues.
Honors and Awards
Achieved AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating with Martindale-Hubbell
St. Thomas University’s School of Business, Miami, Florida; Graduate Health Care Management Program, "Legal Aspects of Health Care Organizations"; Adjunct Professor.