One Financial Plaza
100 S.E. 3rd Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33394
Vanessa A. Reynolds
Accreditations and Certifications
The Florida Bar
Healthcare Privacy Compliance
Health Care Compliance Association Compliance Certification Board
U.S. District Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center
J.D., Juris Doctor
Florida International University
B.A., Political Science and Health Care Management
The Florida Bar
Member, Health Law and Appellate Practice Sections
American Health Lawyers Association
Broward County Bar Association
Member, Appellate Practice Section
American Bar Association
Member, Health Law Section
Florida Hospital Association's Florida Academy of Healthcare Attorneys
Ms. Vanessa A. Reynolds is Of Counsel in the Fort Lauderdale office of Broad and Cassel. She is a member of the Firm's Health Law Practice Group.
An active member of the legal community, she has also published an article in An Overview of HIV Testing, titled “HIV Testing in Florida.”
- An industry veteran with more than 20 years of experience in Health Law, Ms. Reynolds has extensive experience in numerous areas of health care law and litigation, including medical malpractice and complex litigation, insurance defense, institutional and individual health care provider and multi-hospital public health care system representation.
- Ms. Reynolds is board-certified as a specialist in health law by the Florida Bar. Certification is the highest level of recognition by the Florida Bar of the competency and experience of attorneys in the areas of law approved for certification by the Supreme Court of Florida.
- Ms. Reynolds is certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC) by the Health Care Compliance Association’s Compliance Certification Board (CCB). There are only 450 compliance professionals across the country with this certification.
- Ms. Reynolds has been recognized with an AV® Peer Review Rating with Martindale-Hubbell, the agency's highest mark for both competency and ethics and is achieved by only 5 percent of attorneys.
- Her recent representation of a multi-hospital public health care system included contractual, regulatory, risk management, medical staff/peer review, managed care, reimbursement, employment and operational matters.
- Ms. Reynolds’ successful representation of institutional and individual health care providers integrated administrative and appellate proceedings involving diverse issues. Ms. Reynolds’ recent cases addressed licensure, Medicaid recoupment, EMTALA, peer review, medical malpractice and constitutional issues.
- Ms. Reynolds provides clients with a full range of legal counsel on a broad variety of matters, including provider operations, privacy of health care information (HIPAA), third party reimbursement, administrative complaints, licensure and regulatory compliance.
- She has been appointed as an adjunct professor for St. Thomas University’s School of Business Graduate Health Care Management Program. Her course, “Legal Aspects of Health Care Organizations,” covers such topics as provider liability, contracts, licensure, compliance, consent and end-of-life issues.
Honors and Awards
Achieved AV® Peer Review Rating with Martindale-Hubbell
St. Thomas University’s School of Business, Miami, Florida; Graduate Health Care Management Program, "Legal Aspects of Health Care Organizations"; Adjunct Professor.