Banking and Institutional Lending
“Everything about the firm is top-notch – depth of experience, quality of work product and reputation.” – Chambers USA, 2016
Broad and Cassel’s Banking and Institutional Lending attorneys understand the sophisticated issues of this increasingly complex, highly regulated industry.
Our attorneys focus on:
- Lender representation
- Restructuring of corporate debt
- Negotiation of loan sales
- Litigating foreclosure actions
- Resolving special asset-related issues
- Financing of large commercial real estate projects
- Review of regulatory requirements
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Capital raising for financial institutions and holding companies
A selection of recent experience includes:
- Representation of a Louisiana state-chartered bank in a nearly $17 million transaction involving one of the last remaining vacant parcels adjacent to I-95 in Broward County, Florida. This transaction was one of the most significant new developments in the County in terms of size (925,000 square feet) over the past ten years. Broad and Cassel served as counsel and advised the bank as to the structure of the loan, drafted and negotiated the loan documents and reviewed title and survey.
- Representation of a financial institution in an acquisition loan to finance the purchase of a historically significant estate in Palm Beach, Florida. Broad and Cassel served as counsel and advised the client as to the structure of the loan, drafted and negotiated the loan documents and reviewed title and survey.
- Representation of a banking client in the refinancing of a six property portfolio located in multiple states with a value of nearly $18 million.
Chamber USA Testimonials:
“The client service is outstanding.” – Chambers USA 2017
“They were fantastic, and fabulous to work with.” – Chambers USA 2017
“They were great to work with, communicated clearly, and provided valuable input and guidance.” – Chambers USA 2016
“Broad and Cassel is a popular choice among financial institutions.” – Chambers USA 2012