“U.S. companies conducting business overseas and foreign companies active in the United States.”
Broad and Cassel provides a full range of legal services to both U.S. companies conducting business overseas and foreign companies active in the United States. In particular, our South Florida offices represent numerous Latin American and Caribbean companies with business interests in Florida and throughout the nation.
Our attorneys represent clients in the following:
- Capital formation
- Buying and selling of foreign business operations and real estate
- Joint ventures, strategic alliances and mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity investments
- Registration and protection of intellectual property
- International tax issues
- Complex commercial litigation and dispute resolution
- Private and public offerings of debt and equity securities
- Secured lending
- Project finance, including public-private partnerships
In addition to our own experience in international law, Broad and Cassel’s clients also benefit from our extensive network of relationships with preeminent legal counsel in countries across the globe through our membership in Lawyers Associated Worldwide. This network ensures that our clients will receive top quality legal representation throughout the world.
Notable experience includes:
- Representation of concessionaires on toll road concessions and their financing in the Dominican Republic, Colombia and Honduras.
- Representation of a top international menswear designer in multiple transactions totaling more than $400 million.
- Representation of the bidders on the privatization of electric power plants in the Dominican Republic.
- Representation of the owners of a significant regional agricultural enterprise in the sale of all shares to a large multinational conglomerate. The documentation and negotiations were entirely in Spanish and governed by local law (our attorneys were supported by local counsel).
- Representation of the lender on the financing and redevelopment of an airport in the Bahamas.
- Representation of a bidder on recent concessions for major airports in Brazil, including Rio de Janeiro.
- Representation of sponsors on the financing of electric power plants in Mexico and Nicaragua.
- Representation of a Florida-based cruise line incorporated in Bermuda. As general counsel, Broad and Cassel performed all SEC compliance for the cruise line’s international operations. Our attorneys also handled the initial private offering, acquisition of its initial vessels, initial public offering and subsequent securities offerings. Additional transactions include the restructuring of an operational joint venture with a Hong Kong-based foundation responsible for the educational Semester-at-Sea program, the establishment of an operational joint venture with a Mexican company and the Viejas Band of Kumeyaay Indians and the acquisition and financing of an $86 million cruise ship with a European banking syndicate and through a private placement of securities.
- Representation of the government of a Central American country in a dispute with a large international geo-thermal energy company.
- Representation of the issuer in a $5 million European private offering (Italy-based project) and related real estate development matters.