“Broad and Cassel offers an incredible depth of knowledge and resources to clients. All the attorneys we worked with were incredibly knowledgeable about the industry and industry trends.” – Chambers USA, 2017
Broad and Cassel’s Real Estate Practice Group provides a robust array of services with expertise in just about every facet of the real estate industry. Recognized as a Leading Real Estate Law Firm by Multi-Housing News, Broad and Cassel was most recently listed among just 41 firms and was noted for our representation of a national real estate and management company in the $315 million acquisition and HUD financing for the company’s Florida apartment portfolio.
The Firm’s capabilities include:
- Buyer, seller, developer, borrower and lender representation in all types of real estate and business transactions
- Lender and borrower representation in virtually every conceivable lending transaction
- Loan modifications, restructuring and workouts on behalf of lenders and borrowers for all types of loan arrangements
- Joint ventures between developers and financial institutions, hedge funds, family offices and other equity providers for all types of real estate development
- Representation of individuals and developers in handling all types of acquisition and ownership arrangements
- Long term leasing, air-rights agreements, licensing and easements and other complex real estate use arrangements
Notable experience includes:
- Representation of the master developer and its affiliates in all aspects of a 7,000 acre mixed-use development of regional impact (DRI). This included the development of a 650-acre health and life sciences park as a landmark for Orlando and a premier location for medical care, research and education.
- Representation of a real estate investment trust (REIT) in the acquisition of a senior housing portfolio comprised of multiple, nation-wide assisted living facilities valued over $245 million.
- Representation of a public agency with respect to the planning, acquisition and development of several major roadway projects in Central Florida. These projects included the negotiation and acquisition of hundreds of parcels valued at more than $100 million.
- Ongoing representation of a major national developer specializing in the acquisition, development, management, brokerage and sale of U.S. real estate properties, especially multi-family projects, in association with foreign investors.
- Representation of a Florida-based medical office developer in multiple asset sale portfolio transactions involving several national healthcare REITs.
- Representation as local Florida counsel to the developers of a student housing project in Tallahassee. Broad and Cassel closed the entire parcel assemblage, the construction loan and, upon completion, the permanent refinancing transaction. Our attorneys also assisted the client in closing each parcel of land and worked with the applicable lenders, surveyors and title underwriters to complete all project transactions from start to finish.
- Representation of a national home builder in numerous acquisitions for residential developments totaling approximately $32 billion within a nine month period. This includes drafting the contracts, conducting the closing, assisting with development issues and drafting homeowners’ documents and condominium documents for the projects.
- Representation of a Palm Beach County, Florida real estate developer in the several transactions, including the acquisition and financing of an apartment building, the defeasance of its existing loan and closing of its new loan for a commercial shopping center and in the refinance of a loan for condominium units.
- Ongoing representation of a North Florida real estate development, asset management and operating company in innumerable multi-million dollar transactions, including timberland sales ranging from 13,000 acres to 30,000 acres.
- Representation of developers in connection approximately 3 million square feet of office and retail space, including a 735,000 square foot office building located on Florida’s west coast. Broad and Cassel drafted and negotiated all leases.
Chamber USA Testimonials:
“They are very business-oriented, they understand the business goals in each deal and they don’t over-lawyer any transaction or document. They have a deep knowledge of the real estate industry.” – Chambers USA 2017
“Excellent! The team works well and communicates effectively.” – Chambers USA 2016
“Excellent lawyers doing good work.” – Chambers USA 2016
“A group of knowledgeable attorneys who are calm and precise in their decision making.” – Chambers USA 2010
Clients note a holistic approach to their needs, which sees the group take into account the financial and regulatory aspects of a deal, not just purely transactional issues.” – Chambers USA 2009