“Sound tax advice to clients in a multitude of industries and situations, with the primary purpose of carrying out business transactions in the most tax efficient manner”
The attorneys of Broad and Cassel’s Taxation group provide sound tax advice to clients in a multitude of industries and situations, with the primary purpose of carrying out business transactions in the most tax efficient manner. Many of our tax attorneys are CPAs and have previously worked in large accounting firms. The majority also hold Master of Law degrees in Taxation.
The Taxation group is well-versed in the following:
- Partnership (inclusive of limited liability companies and the like with at least two tax recognized owners), S corporation, and C corporation tax planning and compliance
- Divisions and Mergers of Partnerships tax planning and compliance
- Divisions and Mergers of S and C Corporations tax planning and compliance
- Conversions of S and C Corporations into Partnerships tax planning and compliance
- Conversions of C corporations into Tax Exempt Organizations tax planning and compliance
- Tax Exempt Organizations formation and compliance work for primarily Section 501(c)(3) organizations and Section 501(c)(4) organizations
- Tax Controversy Dealing with audits by the Internal Revenue Service against Individuals and entities
- International Federal Income Taxation representing nonresident individual and corporations in transactions that are inbound into the U.S.
- International Federal Income Taxation representing resident individual and corporations in transactions that are outbound of the U.S.
- Tax planning and compliance for Section 42 (the low-income housing tax credit), Section 45D (the new markets tax credit) and Section 47 (the rehabilitation tax credit)
- Tax Exempt Bond compliance
- Passive Loss, At Risk, Adjusted Basis and Capital Account Limitation planning and compliance.
- Section 1031 Exchanges planning and compliance
- State and Local Taxation, including planning and compliance for Corporate Income Tax, Sales and Use Tax, Ad Valorem Tax, Reemployment Tax, Documentary Stamp Tax and Nonrecurring Intangible Tax. Our tax attorneys work to qualify taxpayers for exemptions and handle tax controversies with the Florida Department of Revenue.