Roman Petra has closed more than a billion dollars in real estate financing transactions. The majority of the transactions include sophisticated and complex real estate matters with numerous layers of equity and debt financing.
Petra advises clients on different facets of commercial real estate transactions, from property rights to tax matters, including acquisition, construction, development, disposition (single asset and portfolio), financing, management, and zoning matters.
On behalf of clients, Petra:
- Drafts and reviews purchase and sales agreements (PSAs) and complex leases for either undeveloped land, or income producing assets, of either single-tenant, or multi-tenant facilities.
- Attends to matters regarding title insurance, survey and property rights (e.g., easements, rights-of-way, licenses).
- Prepares and negotiates various agreements and performs the necessary due diligence to maximize the benefits for clients.
- Reviews and advises on various construction matters, from contracts (fixed price/lump sum and cost plus) to construction lien and bond disputes.
- Plans and structures tax-free exchanges (1031) of like-kind property used either in trade or business, or held for investment, from real estate (i.e., tangible and development rights) to intangible assets (i.e., PSA). Transactions include deferred forward and reverse exchanges.
- Advises on regulatory requirements that affect real estate transactions, from capital reserve requirements to the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).
Petra regularly provides counsel to his clients on confidentiality agreements, joint ventures (JV), development agreements, entity selection, licensing, organizational structuring, non-disclosure agreements, ownership, and securities.
He is also well-versed in alternative capital formation options, including crowdfunding, online platforms and Regulation A+.
Petra has earned his CRE® designation, one of the highest recognition in the real estate professionals industry. In 2013, Petra received the national Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation from the CCIM Institute. He is a graduate of the CCIM’s 2014 Jay W. Levine Leadership Development Academy.
He also holds an active real estate license as a broker-associate and is a licensed Florida real estate instructor and a Florida Realtor® faculty member.